Sunday, December 25, 2011

Lay's USA Kettle Cooked Jalapeño

The Kettle Cooked line from Lay's got me really excited for domestic US Lay's chips again, especially because the flavor offerings are a bit more exciting. On another note; I've also been introducing a lot of new flavors into my diet, and only started eating Jalapeños this year... but they quickly became a veggie I get excited about. Anyways, when I stumbled across this bag at a little convenience store I got really excited and nervous at the same time. I wanted to try them, but I'm still a pepper novice and was scared these would melt my face off. I bought em anyway.
These have the awesome texture of Lay's Kettle Cooked. They aren't rock hard like most Kettle chips, they are perfectly crunchy and a bit thicker than a regular chip. They have a nice rich potato-y flavor that comes out through the thicker chip. The seasoning is light and evenly applied and when you do pick it up on your palate it is almost like having a fresh cut piece of Jalapeño on your chip. It wasn't insanely hot at all, in fact it was subtle and refreshing. I was shocked by how great this bag of chips was, especially because I don't usually finish a whole bag so quickly and these were gone pretty fast. The Jalapeño came across very lively, and had a very "fresh Jalapeño" taste to them. To find an imperfection, I would say there was maybe too much garlic seasoning, because some chips had a weird creamy/cheesy taste to them (I know garlic is not dairy, but that was the only ingredient on the list that could possibly account for that weird cheesyish taste). I would say this seasoning was like 90% of the way to perfection. But, if you like fresh Jalapeños this chip is definitely for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment