Thursday, December 22, 2011

Lay's USA Salt & Vinegar

Hey hey, here's a review of one of my favorite flavors.... Salt and Vinegar, mmm. This is Lay's US's version of S&V. These chips pack a punch, and I highly suggest eating these with lip balm or a tall glass of water or both. Ok, so we've got the chip, these are huge slices of HUGE potatoes! They don't taste very potato-y but you get a hint of the flavor. They have that weird over-fried texture that Lay's have here. I wish I had taken a picture, because I was getting chips here that were almost the size of my whole hand. The flavor in this bag is awesome, but like most of these Lay's they are seasoned heavy-handedly. I think for the cut of potato, and the lack of flavor the base has, it somehow works. It's like the Salt and Vinegar pick up the slack for the potato. This is the kind of Vinegar flavor that starts to burn every crease of your lips before you're halfway through the bag. The best word I can use to describe it is "potent". The vinegar is bright, tangy, and certainly wakes up your palate; while the salt seems to cut through it and bring the whole thing together. These are a fun bag of chips to snack on, and I've already picked them up twice since. My mom and dad love them now too. If you are a vinegar lover these are drenched in it so you will like them for sure. For me personally, while I like the flavor, I can barely eat half a bag without burning my lips and giving up.
PS, I got these in 2 different bags, I am trying to figure out if there is a difference; got one labeled "all natural" (top left) and another without the label... I didn't notice a taste difference though.

No comments:

Post a Comment