Sunday, December 18, 2011

Walkers UK Tomato Ketchup

Full disclosure: Ketchup Chips are not my thing. I've got friends who RAVE about how much they love Ketchup chips but I've never really been a fan (save for some freshly made chips from a lil joint at the Shops at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, mmm). So, here's a bag of Walkers Tomato Ketchup.
We've got a perfectly made 100% British Potato crisp. Full of robust potato flavor, perfectly fried, just enough crispy crunch to satisfy. Seasoning is a reddish color, flavor is bright and sweet, definitely ketchup, evenly applied with a delicate hand. The potato flavor shines through. This reminded me instantly of "In N Out" French Fries with Ketchup. "In N Out" is a US West Coast hamburger chain, known for using fresh potatoes that they slice and fry right before serving. When served up with delish Heinz Ketchup they have a very distinctive taste compared to any ol' fries. (In my fantasy, they would taste like In N Out's Animal Fries... but I digress. ) These chips are just like having the yummy fried potato strings simply dressed in Ketchup. It was crazy coming to the realization mid-chew.

If you love fresh cut fries and ketchup, these were made for you and I think you'll love them. They still haven't got me converted, but I know a well made chip when I taste one, and these are bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment