Friday, November 2, 2012

Gotta Get At This: Lay's Dominican Republic Ponle Tu Sabor A Lay's

A few weeks ago I mentioned that Lay's Guatemala and Lay's Dominican Republic were running this fun create-a-flavor contest called "Ponle Tu Sabor A Lay's". The two sites share a landing page that lets you select which country you are from... and both sites led to identical pages. I presumed that the two flavors shown on both pages were the finalists across both nations. Now, Dominican Republic's site is showing two different finalists, I think there was just a brief error, so I'm correcting my previous post.
This is really exciting because there are now two more new flavors to track down, INCLUDING a flavor I've never seen before!
Dominican Republic's finalists are Carlos with his flavor "Salsa A La Parmesana" and Indhira with her flavor "A La Parrilla". This is the first time I've ever seen a "Parmesan Sauce" flavored bag of chips, which sounds DELICIOUS! And although "Charcoal Grilled Beef" isn't something completely unheard of, it too sounds EPIC!
I've also got to mention once again that I ADORE this packaging... I can't get enough of the white header and striping, which is SO 80's, paired with the modern 3D logo. And I love the food being sliced into chips, it's a great reminder that these chips are emulating another food. The packages just looks so cool.
I would love to get a hold of these, or the two flavors from Guatemala. They all sound wonderful. Can't wait to see who ends up winning! Hope this cleared up any confusion!

No comments:

Post a Comment