Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lay's Do Us A Flavor Contest Finalists Revealed!


THEY'RE HERE!!
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Lay's USA Do Us A Flavor Finalists have finally been revealed and they are BASICALLY the best 3 flavors I've ever heard of.

Drumroll please...


Cheesy Garlic Bread

Chicken & Waffles

Sriracha

Wow. I am just So impressed with these finalists. For awhile, reading all the potential contenders online like "Beer Battered Onion Rings" I thought this contest was going to be a let down, but seeing who was ultimately chosen has now gotten me excited. These are flavors that I think reflect uniquely American tastes (yes, I know Sriracha is Thai, but it is beloved here in the states on every type of food). 
Firstly, we've got "Cheesy Garlic Bread", one of my all time favorite foods. Rich, decadent, garlic-y, buttery, cheesy, bread... mmmm. To me, its the ultimate comfort food; just fat and carbs. It's as authentically Italian as The Olive Garden, but lord knows, when I order Italian take-out food, I'm getting Garlic Bread lol. I don't know how it will play on chips though. I've said it before, the chips here in the States lack a lot of potato flavor, and are great for emulating bread. So I could see this chip tasting more like a garlic and cheddar flavored chip... with a cheesy flavor like we already get on cheddar chips and the addition of garlic, with the chip playing the place of bread. But that's my speculation.
Then there is "Chicken & Waffles"; "Chicken & Waffles" are an American soul-food classic. Hot, fresh, waffles, covered in syrup, served with crispy, spiced, crunchy, Fried Chicken...yummmmmm. These are a novelty here in Los Angeles, but across the Southern states these are a staple. I imagine again, that the chip will play the part of the waffle in this bag... then all they need to do is hit it with some chicken flavor and something sweet. This has the potential to be insanely good. I love the combo of sweet and savory. Can't wait to try it!
Lastly, there is "Sriracha". Everyone I know has a bottle of this in their house. Period. Sriracha is a Thai hot-sauce made of chili paste, garlic paste, sugar, and salt. Although it was originally made in Thailand to spice up seafood dishes, here in California it can be found in Asian restaurants, Mexican restaurants, and anything in between. We usually use the "Tương Ớt Sriracha" brand with the rooster on the front and the green lid. That's not necessarily a brand we need to see alongside it though, like "Heinz" Ketchup,... knowing  the flavor is "Sriracha" is enough to stir up memories of hot, spicy, tangy, deliciousness. I can imagine this one will have the most authentic flavor, because it's just a seasoning that needs to be applied to the chips, but we'll have to see.

I can't wait to start the hunt for these, and then hoard my favorite flavor in case it doesn't win lol.
So far so good America! Happy Hunger Games!

IM SO EXCITED, YOU DONT EVEN KNOW!! o_0

No comments:

Post a Comment