Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Guest Chip Review! Lay's USA Sriracha

"Sriracha Lay's are one of the three new releases of Lay's you can find in stores now. They are a finalist in the Lay's USA "Do Us A Flavor" contest, along with Cheesy Garlic Bread (my favorite!) and Chicken & Waffles. I was really excited to try these chips considering I love the spicy flavor of Sriracha, a Thai Chili Paste that I put on everything! And so, I figured, Sriracha flavored chips should be awesome!! Well, opening the bag you're not getting that intense familiar smell of spice. It was kind of a let down :( And so was the taste... they kind of tasted just like the lemon and chili ones you can already buy right now.  Not impressed.  I wanted more kick and just had higher expectations. The hint of lime was gross too and unexpected since I hate lime.  All in all it was a good chip, but we already have a chili and lime chip so it's nothing new. I love the Cheesy Garlic Bread chips because they are unique and unlike anything Lay's already makes in the USA.
My vote is going to Cheesy Garlic Bread all the way! #TeamCheesyGarlicBread"
-EricRox
(EricRox is a food lover who grew up working and eating in his parents Japanese restaurant. He is also a Sriracha lover and Chip fan.)

I personally love the "Chili and Lime" chips here in the States and consider them one of the best flavors we have. I have yet to have a chance to try the Sriracha flavor, but if EricRox calls them a dupe of "Chili & Lime", he may have a point. Do we really need two similar flavors in the lineup? Right now, I'm still torn, but I've felt we needed a good Chicken flavor in the USA lineup for a while, so I think I'm going to be giving my vote to Chicken & Waffles in the end. #TeamChickenAndWaffles
-GinaGina

No comments:

Post a Comment