Monday, November 4, 2013

Gotta Get At This: Margarita Receta Clásica

My favorite brand of Chips has a brand new collection! "Receta Clásica" is the new "Classic Recipe" or Home style collection from the Colombian chip makers. The 2 flavors being launched are "Sal" and "Alitas BBQ" ( "Salt" and "BBQ Chicken Wings"). These home style recipe chips, much like the "Tradiciones" collection, will stand out from the regular line by being cooked with the skin on and being a bit crunchier. In fact, now that I think of it, I don't know why these aren't part of the Tradiciones line. (Maybe because these are 'modern' flavors, and the others are 'Classic Colombian' type flavors... I can't really say). Anyhow, the more chips the merrier! So keep your eyes peeled!

3 comments:

  1. Hey there...was wondering how you obtained a bag of Alitas BBQ? I'm back in the US after traveling to Colombia and I ran out of my limited supply of chips that I packed in my suitcase! It would be sweet if I could find some more!

    Thanks,
    Tyler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tyler, I haven't tried it yet. But with Margarita, I've never been able to find them online. I think this is because Colombia has a HORRIBLE postal system... I dont think they even have a national post. So the best option is UPS or FedEx. I just asked my cousin to send me some chips, she said that a shoebox size box would be $150 USD. To me, I'd rather fly there and stuff my suitcase myself. Which is how I usually get them. Or I ask someone who is coming to bring them. Sorry about that.

      Also, keep your eyes on here, and click the tag for "extra crunchy" and "homestyle" there may be some similar chips from countries that I have listed that are easier to find on Ebay or Amazon.

      Good Luck!

      Delete
    2. :( haha. Thanks for the info. I suppose I have more of an emotional connection to that particular chip, as I am sure there are plenty of similar flavors of the same quality. Thanks again

      Delete