Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Lay's USA Kettle Cooked Lattice Cut Aged Cheddar & Black Pepper

I've been looking forward to trying these for some time now. That photo of the Lattice Cut chip on the front looks AMAZING! mmm.
However, in my opinion, the texture of this chip is TOO hard. It's crunchy and it's pretty, but they were just too thin and hard for me. At first smell, you catch the black pepper aroma. The chip touches your tongue and it takes some work to crack through them with your teeth. But the texture is different and unique, so many may enjoy it for the exact reason that it gave me issue.
The yummy thickness of the crunchy potato adds that pure potato taste I look for in a chip, and that taste is complimented by a nice mellow, creamy sharp cheddar flavor. It isn't over powering, it's fairly subtle. Then the refreshing spice cuts through the sharp cheese and rich, thick, potato. Afterwards, the pepper stays bright on the middle of your tongue. This flavor combination comes across as elegant and well thought out. I really enjoyed the flavor. I definitely hadn't tried any flavor like it before.
I enjoyed the chip cut because it was new and exciting, but it's not a favorite. I could see this seasoning being well suited for Lay's typical Kettle Cooked chips... and while it also works here, sadly, I don't think the Lattice Cut is ever gonna be one of my favorites. But, I would eat it again, and if you are looking for interesting new flavors from Lay's USA, I think this needs to be on your list.

No comments:

Post a Comment