Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Lay's USA Poppables White Cheddar

What are Poppables you ask? Well, obviously they are "Perfectly Poppable Crispy Potato Bites"!
.
.
.
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!?
.
I'll tell yall the secret. These... are... potato... CHEX!

Thats also the whole review:
These are potato chex. YUM.

In all seriousness, these taste nothing like chips. They taste like potato chex, but that is not an awful thing. They are fun to munch on. I pretty much inhaled them. The texture is fun and makes them a bit addictive. The flavor didn't do much for me though. It was kind of like Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream flavor. Which I personally don't like. It was VERY rich tasting.
I actually think these would be BOMB in Cheetos flavored Cheddar. That just reminded me of the OLD school 3D Doritos... the texture is SUPER similar. But, back to these, the flavor was too much for me. The texture was the highlight of this bag. So, I'm interested in trying the second flavor in this collection... "Sea Salt" (although I don't know that that flavor is well suited to this shape either). I'd love to see it in more flavors.  If you are a fan of the Ruffles "Cheddar & Sour Cream", this is probably a great bag for you. It's a good party bag for sure, but not for me.

What do you think? Have you had poppables? Do you miss Doritos 3D? OR the lil Mini 3D Doritos? (aawww). Discuss in the comments below :)

1 comment:

  1. I really would love a bag of Doritos 3Ds like now really miss them. Please bring them back... hurry

    ReplyDelete